Terms & Conditions
- Standard deliveries will take place within 7 working days of Carnethy Woodfuel receiving your order confirmation. Deliveries requiring the Rack and Stack of logs will take place within 5 working days of the service details being agreed.
- Your order confirmation is defined as the automatic e-mail that you receive once you place an order online.
- Delivery is provided free of charge to all postcodes within a one way 20 mile driving distance from our premises in Howgate, Midlothian, EH26 8QD.
- Our distances are calculated using your postcode as the end destination with Google Maps.
- The following delivery charges are applied for distances greater than 20 miles:
- 21 – 25 miles – £10
- 26 – 30 miles – £15
- 31 – 40 miles – £20
- 41 – 50 miles – £30
- Please ensure to use the distance calculator when placing an order to be delivered in excess of 20 miles. We cannot process an order until the correct delivery charges have been applied.
- We are happy to negotiate delivery charges for wood pellet supply agreements which may require regular visits over longer distances. Customers interested in setting up one of these agreements should get in touch.
- We will always endeavour to leave your orders within your premises and will not leave products on the kerbside. If access is not available then we will leave your products as close as possible to the main entrance.
- Customers are fully responsible for ensuring available access upon delivery.
- For our standard delivery service please complete the Order Notes box at Checkout and include the following information which will help us provide you with a flexible and efficient delivery service:
- Preferred time of delivery
- Preferred location within your premises for us to leave your products as we will not leave them outside on the kerbside. Once again we would like to request that product drops are no greater than 10m from the entrance to your premises.
- Whether you would like your order of logs to be left in the bag or tipped out at the requested delivery spot.
- For log Rack and Stack orders we will contact you directly to discuss preferred delivery times, property access and final location details. Our enhanced service pricing is based upon a maximum distance of 15 metres from the delivery vehicle to the rack and stack area. We are happy to agree a cost for this service if the distance is greater than 15 metres.
- We do not transport barrow bags through customer houses, flats or common stairwells. We do not transport barrow bags down basement flat steps due to risk of injury.
- Our Rack and Stack service is not available if the requirement involves transporting logs through customer flats, houses, common stairwells or basement flat steps due to risk of injury.
- In the case of deliveries to flats we will leave customer products in the stairwell wherever possible. We do not carry products up flights of stairs.
- We would ideally like to recover our bulk bags and barrow bags for re-use and can either collect at a later date or simply refill or replace at the time of next order.
- Should you wish to uplift any of our products from our premises then please contact us at email@example.com and we can agree a suitable date and time.
- Wherever possible we will group deliveries by location and postcode so as to reduce our travel time and carbon footprint whilst ensuring that we meet our stated delivery of 4 working days from order confirmation.
- Please advise if you have any access issues at your property. We deliver using a truck and trailer and need to be made aware of any potential challenges.
- Our hardwood logs are well seasoned and ready to burn and have a moisture content of less than 23%.
- Our kiln dried logs have an average moisture content of 15%.
- Briquettes should be stored in a dry, well ventilated area. Do not store these products outside where moisture could be detrimental to their condition.
Pricing and Payment
- Prices quoted are inclusive of VAT, which is currently chargeable at 5% on all products
- We very much welcome bank transfer payments and your order confirmation will be generated as soon as the funds reach our account. We will make regular checks during the day to confirm receipt of transfer payments and will confirm immediately.
- Customers paying by cheque or cash must make full payment on our arrival.
- Your order confirmation will be sent to you automatically after you have placed your order online.
- We will accept telephone orders however they will require payment by bank transfer, cheque or cash on delivery only. We do not accept card payments over the telephone.
- Kindling, Waxlings and briquettes can be ordered individually when placed with other hardwood logs, briquettes or wood pellet bundles.
Wood Pellet Supply Agreements
- Customers interested in setting up guaranteed wood pellet deliveries should get in touch so we can agree quantities, timescales and location details. We would like to be as flexible as we can around this service option so please get in touch.